Semi-Mobile in-Pit Crushers for Waste and Coal at Mae Moh Mine Thailand
Organization: The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
Jan 1, 1986
The Mae Moh coal deposit was discovered some 60 years ago by villagers who noticed spontaneous combustion of coal outcrops. The first production began in the 1950's to fuel a fertilizer plant and a 12.5MW power station. During the period 1976 to 1979, three 75MW power station units were constructed on site. These have a total daily coal consumption of some 5000 tonnes and are served by a stockyard of approximately 60 000 tonnes total capacity. Stacked coal is reclaimed by means of a front end loader onto reclaim conveyors. During the years 1983 to 1986 four 150MW power station units were constructed east of the eastern seam subcrop, sons 2 km from the original power station complex. These have a daily coal consumption of nearly 12000 tonnes and are served by a stockyard of total capacity 270000 tonnes, equipped with two stackers and two bucket-wheel reclaimers for a totally mechanised system.